Date published: 26/11/2015
Children across the country are set to get some lessons in health and safety thanks to an initiative by Miller Homes.
As the winter nights begin to draw in, the housebuilder is working with a number of primary schools across the UK to help educate young people about general health and safety, as well as the importance of staying safe near construction sites.
As part of the initiative, school children will meet one of the company’s safety, health and environment representatives who will explain some basics about health and safety during a fun and interactive session either on site or in school.
The children and their schoolmates will also receive a branded reflective wrist band to help them be safe and seen, whilst playing outside or on their way to and from school during the dark winter months.
David Hickman, Safety Health and Environment Director at Miller Homes, said: “As a business it’s very important to us that we work closely with the communities in which we operate. As the winter months approach, health and safety is often at the forefront of everyone’s mind and we wanted to take the opportunity to provide some guidance to children living close to our sites about the importance of being aware of potential hazards. By heightening their awareness they can continue to have fun without putting themselves or others at unnecessary risk.
“We look forward to meeting the children and hope they will enjoy learning from our safety, health and environment representatives. Although there is a serious message behind this initiative, the sessions will ensure the children develop an understanding of the importance of health and safety in everyday life in a fun and interactive way.”
Miller Homes is currently building homes throughout the country from the South East up to Yorkshire, the North West and Scotland. For more information visit the Miller Homes website www.millerhomes.co.uk
Notes to editors:
- Over the last 80 years Miller Homes has established a tradition for building family homes in the most desirable locations along with a reputation for delivering sector-leading quality, sustainable developments and providing outstanding levels of customer service.
- In 2015 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey for the fourth consecutive and the results of independent research highlighted that 95% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Miller Homes operates in six regions across the UK – Scotland, North West, Yorkshire, North East, Midlands and Southern.
- As well as having its own in-house awards rewarding best practice in health and safety, Miller Homes has also received recognition in the NHBC Health & Safety Awards, including Best Occupational Health Initiative (2012), Best Health & Safety Worker Engagement Programme (2013) and a Regional Award in the large builder category for site manager Kris Aitchison (2015).
- Further information is available by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Marie Dunsmuir, Miller Homes
T: 0870 336 5084
Kirsty Bruce, Miller Homes
T: 0870 336 5013
Name: Kirsty Bruce
Phone: 0870 336 5013