Date published: 25/11/2013
Continuing with its success in this year’s NHBC Pride in the Job Awards, leading house builder Miller Homes was awarded 11 Seals of Excellence and two Regional Awards during the second and third stages of the competition.
Winning site managers received recognition for their work towards achieving the highest standards in the house building industry and for their contribution to the house building process; ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality homes from start to finish at the development for which they have responsibility.
The Miller Homes sites managers commended with a Seal of Excellence were:
• Scott Brown for Varcity, Edinburgh
• Jim Martin for Regents Park, Crossgates in Fife
• David Mathie for Dalmore Mill, Auchendinny near Penicuik
• Paul Ritchie for Greenvale Park, Newcastle
• Lee Howard for Wheatlands Chase, Redcar in Cleveland
• Tony Preece for Birkacre Park, Chorley
• Bill Hughes for Whittle-le-Park, Chorley
• Mark Atherton for Cartrefle, Wrexham
• Dan Johnson for Ashtree Park, Mansfield
• Vinnie Morris for Knowles Land, Ashbourne
• Chris Wilson for Littleton Green, Cannock
Furthermore two of these site managers, Scott Brown and Jim Martin, went on to achieve coveted Regional Awards. Scott and Jim now progress to the final stage of the competion, the Supreme Gala event held in London in January, where the UK Supreme Award winners will be crowned.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, which received 23 Quality Awards in the first round of the competition, said: “As a company our overarching goal is to deliver the best possible standards for our customers, and recognition for our site managers throughout the various stages of the Pride in the Job Awards demonstrates our on-going commitment towards achieving this.
“All of our winners deserve to be very proud of their achievements, particularly Scott and Jim who we wish all the very best as they embark on the final phase of the competition.”
The NHBC Pride in the Job Awards take place annually and are widely recongised as the house-building industry’s most prestigious awards programme. They are dedicated to recognising site managers who achieve the highest standards in house building.
Name: Lesley Weir
Phone: 0870 336 5010