Date published: 10/10/2013
Leading housebuilder Miller Homes is supporting National Baking Week by hosting ‘Bake it Better’ bake sales as well as engaging in various fundraising activities at selected developments across the country.
National Baking Week, which runs from 14th – 20th October, is this year raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, a charity raising money to support the work of Great Ormond Street Hospital to enable it to help more children who need its specialist expertise.
The money raised through the Bake it Better bake sales will enable Great Ormond Street Hospital, one of the top paediatric research hospitals in the world, to provide world-class care for its young patients and their families and to fund pioneering new treatments and research for childhood illness.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive, Miller Homes, said: “We are delighted to be taking part in National Baking Week, and in doing so hope to raise as much as we can for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. We try to support as many charities as we can, and if this means bringing local communities together at the same time then to us that’s even better.
“We will be supporting the fundraising efforts of our sales teams by holding additional bake sales in some of our regional offices.”
Hayley Richardson, Senior Fundraising Executive, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity said: “We’re delighted to be teaming up with National Baking Week this year and would like to thank Miller Homes for organising these bake sales.
“The money from National Baking Week will make a real difference to patients at Great Ormond Street Hospital by helping us to deliver our world class care in 21st century facilities. We are improving our facilities and building our capacity so we can treat more children.”
Participating Miller Homes developments are:
- Scotland East – Dalmore Mill, Penicuik (bake sale date Saturday 19th October)
- Scotland West – St Andrews Brae, Bearsden (bake sale date Saturday 19th October
- North East – St Mary’s Green, Acklam (bake sale date Saturday 19th October)
- North West – Birkacre Park, Chorley (bake sale date Saturday 19th October)
- Yorkshire – Stonebridge Fold, East Ardsley (bake sale date Saturday 19th October) & Fairfield Manor, Wakefield (bake sale date Saturday 19th October)
- Midlands – Dukesmead, Bingham (bake sale date Monday 14th October)
- Southern – Pilgrims Gate, Wixams (bake sale date Saturday 19th October)
For more information on the bake sales or if you’d like to take part, please contact your nearest participating development. Details of development locations can be found on the Miller Homes website.
Name: Lesley Weir
Phone: 0870 336 5010