Date published: 25/06/2012
Miller Homes has once again demonstrated its commitment to achieving the highest standards in the building and construction of its homes after receiving a total of 27 Quality Awards in this year’s NHBC Pride in the Job Awards.
This is Miller Homes’ biggest achievement to date in the awards, which recognise the best site managers in the UK annually, and is the fifth year in a row it has consistently improved on results. Miller Homes is now in the top three of all house builders to receive Quality Awards.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “This is a tremendous achievement for Miller Homes and we are extremely proud of all our site managers who will be presented with a Quality Award.
“Building homes of the highest quality is a key priority for us and to receive recognition for all the hard work that is carried out by our teams across the country to continually raise our standards is fantastic.
“To have improved year on year over the last five years also clearly demonstrates just how committed we are to providing the best quality homes for our buyers.”
The house building industry’s most prestigious awards programme, the Pride in the Job Awards are dedicated to recognising site managers who achieve the highest standards in house-building and is the top industry accolade a site manager can receive.
Site managers are automatically entered if they are working on a site registered for an NHBC warranty and are monitored over an 18 month period when they are judged on a number of areas, including consistency of high standards, leadership, technical expertise, interpretation, health and safety and the ‘X Factor’ – something special which sets a site manager apart.
Notes to editors:
About the NHBC Pride in the Job Awards:
- The 430 winners of the Quality Awards will go through to the next stage, when 130 site mangers will be selected for a Seal of Excellence Award. Following this, an overall regional winner will be selected and put forward for a Supreme Award, which recognises the overall national winners in the final stage of the competition.
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages on the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2012 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
Name: Marie Dunsmuir
Phone: 0870 336 5084