Finance Assistant (Part Time)
17 Jul 2018
Miller Homes is a respected national homebuilder with an established reputation for building outstanding quality family homes and providing excellent customer service. We believe in building homes safely, in a way which is considerate to the environment and delighting our customers with a product and experience which recognises that buying a new home is a significant lifetime purchase. That is The Miller Difference.
We are looking to recruit a part time Finance Assistant (covering Maternity leave) to join our Finance team based in our Edinburgh office reporting to the Associate Finance Director.
The role is a 12 month maternity cover, on a part time basis of 4 mornings a week (or similar), with the potential that the weekly hours could increase over the duration of the contract.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Being the main point of contact for transactional enquiries for the Division
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Transactional / journal processing
- Processing of expense claims
- Any other ad-hoc finance work as required
Whilst various levels of experience will be considered the role does require, at a minimum, AAT (or equivalent) qualification. Other desired experience / skills are:
- Previous experience of working within a finance team
- Ability to create good relationships with colleagues out-with the finance function
- Good analytical skills alongside advanced excel skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of JD Edwards is a benefit but not a necessity.
How to apply
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter ideally including details of your current salary and notice period.
Closing Date: 26th July 2018
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, and therefore you should apply for this job as soon as possible.
(No Agencies Please)
Apply for position