House Hunters in Scotland Take Advantage of Help to Buy

House Hunters in Scotland Take Advantage of Help to Buy

Help to Buy has helped thousands of people across Scotland buy the home of their dreams. From first time buyers aiming for their first step on the ladder to larger families looking for a step up to a bigger property, it’s been the answer to many a prayer.

But time is running out to take advantage of Help to Buy in 2016, and with significant changes due to the scheme in 2017, buyers need to act now so they don’t miss out.

Help to Buy means buyers can own a home with just a 5% deposit. The Scottish Government will contribute a maximum of 15% equity stake and the remaining 85% is made up through a 5% deposit contribution and an 80% mortgage from a bank or building society.

In Scotland, Help to Buy is available on new build properties up to the value of £230,000 for completions between 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017, but the Scottish Government’s allocated pot has almost run dry with only a handful of properties still available using the scheme.

From 1 April 2017 a new version of Help to Buy will come into force but this time the scheme will only be available on properties up to the value of £200,000. So if you’ve got your eye on a property that’s in the £230,000 current threshold, it’s time to get your skates on.

We’ve still got some fantastic properties available on Help to Buy across our central Scotland developments including Regents Gate in Crossgates, Fife; Liberty Park in Bathgate; Newton Park in Cambuslang, Glasgow; Ferry Village in Braehead, Glasgow, Kinglass Fields in Bo’ness and Manor Wynd in East Kilbride.  

From one and two bedroom apartments, two bedroom end terraced homes to four bedroom detached family properties there’s a home to suit a whole host of families.

Our website has details of all properties available on Help to Buy but why not pop in and see our show homes and speak to our sales consultants for some expert advice on how you can take advantage of the scheme before it’s too late!

Visit http://www.millerhomes.co.uk/our-offers/helptobuy.aspx for further information.

Published: