Sustainability Highlights from 2012
We embrace our responsibilities in the communities we serve. Corporate responsibility is not just an obligation for us, but a fundamental part of our company culture influencing everything we do.
We recently published our 2012 Sustainability Report, and this highlighted some impressive facts and figures which illustrate our commitment to sustainability, corporate responsibility and continuous improvement in these areas.
In no particular order, here is just some of what we achieved in 2012:
• 97% of our customers were happy with the service they received from us
• In 2012, our staff received 13,331 hours of training - 373 of these training hours covered environmental topics
• By the end of 2012, we had reduced our water consumption by 16% since 2010
• By the end of 2012, we had reduced our carbon emissions by 11% since 2010
• By the end of 2012, we had reduced the waste generated per build by 10% since 2010
• In 2012, we contributed £126m to the UK GDP
• In 2012, we recycled 91% of construction waste generated
• 97% of our customers would recommend us to a friend
• 69% of our company cars emit less than 120g/kg or carbon
• By the end of 2012, we had reduced our office energy consumption (gas and electricity combined) by 25% since 2011
• In 2012 we generated 9.7% less waste per build than in 2010
• 2012 saw an 11% reduction in our carbon footprint since 2010
• Our carbon figures are audited by a third party and publicly disclosed under the Blackstone Carbon Reduction Commitment
• 100% of the timber we use in our construction is sustainably sourced
We’re incredibly pleased with what we’ve achieved to date, and are fully committed to continuously improving our sustainability performance going forward.
Procurement and Sustainability Director