Date published: 05/08/2015
Clubs and sporting organisations up and down the country are going for gold as interest in Miller Homes’ popular Summer of Sport competition begins to pick up pace.
Now in its fourth year, the competition is attracting interest from a variety of sport clubs, all keen to take advantage of the chance to win a fantastic £500 or, for the first time, pick up a top prize of £1,000.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “We have already seen a number of very promising entries for this year’s competition. This is a great chance to win a cash boost for your club, which could provide vital funding for new equipment or kits. It’s not too late to take part, so we would encourage anyone with a connection to a sports team or club to have a go and wish all entrants the very best of luck.”
The award-winning housebuilder is aiming to inspire health and fitness within its communities by encouraging local clubs and organisations to enter.
Competition judges include:
- three-time Olympian archer, Naomi Folkard
- GB triathletes, Tom and David Bishop
- Paralympian gold medal swimmer, Josef Craig
- 11 times British Champion judo player, Sarah Clark
- Preston North End footballer, Chris Humphrey
- Ex footballer of Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United and Leeds United, Leigh Bromby
- silver Olympic medallist and diver, Pete Waterfield
The judges will be looking for examples of how the sporting clubs in each community will make the most out of the donation, for details of how it will directly support the learning and fitness of its members and examples of what new equipment and facilities they will be able to buy.
To be in with a chance of winning the cash, entrants have to say in no more than 200 words why their sports club deserves to win, how the money will benefit the club and what it will be spent on.
Application forms can be collected from any Miller Homes development* or downloaded from the Miller Homes website. Entries can be submitted by hand or posted to any participating Miller Homes development or via email to email@example.com . To find your nearest Miller Homes development, please visit the Miller Homes website. Closing date for entries is Wednesday 31st August. Terms and conditions apply.
Miller Homes operates in the following six regional areas: Scotland, North West of England, North East of England, Yorkshire, The Midlands, and Southern.
*With the exception of Philosophers Gate, Ashwell, Herts.
Terms and conditions:
- Competition is open to UK residents, excluding family of Miller Homes employees, agents or anyone professionally connected with the company
- All entries must be delivered in person or posted to a Miller Homes development by Monday 31st August.
- One winner (sports club) from each Miller Homes region will be selected by a panel of judges. Each of the six regional winners (sports clubs) will receive £500 cash or cheque. Each regional winner (sports club) will automatically be put forward for an overall national prize. The regional winner (sports club) selected as the winner of the national prize will receive an additional £500 cash or cheque.
- Prizes are non-refundable and not transferable. They cannot be exchanged for any alternative
- Entries will be judged on the needs and requirements of the sports club and the judges’ decision is final
- Winners will be notified in writing by Friday 11 September.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to take part in publicity to promote the competition
- Miller Homes reserves the right to extend any dates without prior warning
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entries delayed, lost or not included in the competition for any reason whatsoever
- Promoter: Miller Homes Limited, Miller House, 2 Lochside View, Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh, EH12 9DH
Name: Kirsty Bruce
Phone: 0870 336 5013