Date published: 25/06/2014
Proving once more its commitment to excellence, Miller Homes has achieved 20 Quality Awards in the 2014 NHBC Pride in the Job Awards.
The awards, now in their 33rd year, recognise the UK’s best site managers, and Miller Homes has once again demonstrated that it is one of the industry’s top performers.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “We are delighted to have achieved another set of great results, and it was particularly pleasing to see that our winners comprised a combination of new sites launched in the last year, such as Wheatfields in Seaton Delaval, Gate House Fold in Bamber Bridge and Royal View in Mansfield; as well as some of our more established sites.
“Building homes safely and to the highest quality is our number one priority, and we work hard to ensure that we are continually raising our standards. To have this hard work recognised yet again is tremendous, and we are extremely proud of all of our winning site managers.
“We perform consistently well in these awards, and I have no doubt that this trend will continue for many years into the future.”
Dedicated to recognising and rewarding outstanding site managers, NHBC’s Pride in the Job Awards are the UK house-building industry’s most prestigious honours.
Site managers are judged on a number of criteria including consistency of high standards, leadership, technical expertise, interpretation, health and safety and ‘the X factor’ – something special which sets the site manager apart.
Mike Quinton, Chief Executive of NHBC, said: "For nearly 35 years, Pride in the Job has been a fundamental component of NHBC's work to raise standards through the celebration and sharing of best practice. Our winners are at the forefront of the house-building recovery, making sure that quality is maintained and improved year on year, as they raise the bar for success in the competition."
Winners of a Quality Award are given the opportunity to compete for a more coveted NHBC Seal of Excellence Award later on in the year.
The 20 sites managers awarded with a Quality Award were:
- Steve Cooper, Weavers Court, Castle Donington
- Richard Goacher, Dukesmead, Bingham
- Dean Markley, Royal View, Mansfield
- Paul Williams, Brookfields, Sileby
- Chris Wilson, Sutton Goldings, Kidderminster
- George Heron, Park View, Gateshead
- Paul Ritchie, Wheatfields, Seaton Delaval
- Mark Robson, St Mary’s Green, Acklam
- Simon Robson, The Meadows, Framwellgate Moor
- Peter Hines, Unity Quarter, Salford
- Bill Hughes, Birkacre Park, Chorley
- Ian Lively, Gate House Fold, Bamber Bridge
- Tony Preece, The Coppice, Alsager
- Stuart Lindsay, Rosemount Meadows, Blairgowrie
- David Mathie, Dalmore Mill, Auchendinny
- Jim Martin, Regents Park, Crossgates
- Gary Carmichael, Keepers Gate, Glasgow
- Dan Johnson, Ashtree Park, Sutton in Ashfield
- Shaun Roddis, Lindley Park, Huddersfield
- Vic Young, The Meadows, Ollerton
Name: Lesley Weir
Phone: 0870 336 5010