Date published: 30/10/2013
Miller Homes’ fantastic Summer of Sport initiative ended on a high, as eight regional winners were selected to win £500 for their sports clubs.
Clubs and teams across the country came forward in their droves earlier on this year for their chance to win the cash, with a total of 83 entries received. To be in with a shot of winning, entrants had to say in no more than 200 words why their sports club deserved to win the money, how it would benefit the club and what it would be spent on.
The chosen winners were:
- Lenzie Woodhead Gymnastics Club in East Dunbartonshire (Scotland East & Scotland West regions combined)
- Bedlington Cricket Club in Northumberland (North East region)
- Stockport Rhythmic Gymnastics Club in Greater Manchester (North West region joint winner)
- Darwen Rangers Football Club in Lancashire (North West region joint winner)
- Great Glen Cricket Club in Leicestershire (East Midlands region)
- Birmingham Blitz Dames in Birmingham (West Midlands)
- Max’s Madcats & Paddy’s Predators in Wakefield (Yorkshire region)
- Colenorton Dragon Boat Club in Berkshire (Southern region)
The leading UK housebuilder initiated the campaign again this year on the back of a successful pilot scheme run last summer, urging local clubs and organisations within its regional areas to enter the contest by collecting an application form from their local Miller Homes development.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive, Miller Homes, said: “We are delighted that so many sports clubs took the time to enter the competition. Our judges have commented that selecting the winners was a tough job as all entries received were of an exceptionally high standard. In the end it was decided that the winning clubs would be able to make the most out of our donation.
“Building great communities is at the heart of our ethos and we firmly believe that initiatives such as our Summer of Sport campaign go a long way towards nurturing these.”
Name: Lauren Dunn
Phone: 0870 336 5010